Monday, November 8, 2010

Weeks go in the blink of an eye!

On a recent trip to New York City with my oldest three children, we attended Sunday service at Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue, it was a Choral Mattins service.  They sang most of the service, very beautiful.  Very traditional.  My second son chose this as our worship for the week.  While we were in the City we also attended the production La Bete, it was fabulous!  Performed in rhyme, quite entertaining.  We also went to the Guggenheim, which we all enjoyed.  For me the most enjoyable part of viewing some awe inspiring art,  was seeing my oldest daughter view her first Picasso in person.  She also was the reason we took the subway down to the site of the Twin Towers and get our own view of St. Paul's Chapel. 

Upon my return, my youngest son invited a number of kids, (somewhere close to 50) to view a video that he felt strongly about, To Save a Life, a very powerful movie for teens in their middle years.  We showed this in our back yard, with countless blankets for warmth.  What extremes!  I know God was present in both settings; from the interior of the church steeped in tradition, to the grassy chaos filled back yard.

This past week I drove to Montana, very thankful that our warm weather has extended well into Fall.  I visited with my parents and attended a number of medical appointments, while trying to grasp some reason for my Mom's recent extreme discomfort.  I was so grateful that I was able to take the time to be with she and my father.  While driving the many miles between my home and theirs I listened to a great book on CD and sang at the top of my lungs to Toby Mac (only because I was alone in the car).  

From the pedestrian congested streets of Time Square to the wide open 2 lanes of Wyoming I enjoyed God's creation and his people, or lack of them.  So, very grateful that I have a husband that supports my love of travel, and keeps the home fires burning while I am away.

Take time to just be . . . wherever life finds you today.  Take a deep breath and slowly let it out.  "This one thing I do."  Phil. 3:13
Don't be tempted to do ALL things.  


God has a plan for you - - - slow down so that you can hear His voice, sometimes it means taking some time off.  Remember it's your time, not someone else's.  May you be richly blessed and feel God's favor on your life. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love taking the time to just be. But I've found that I have to be intentional about it, otherwise busyness takes over to easily. It is so refreshing to "just be" and seize the day!

    Enjoyed your comment on my blog today! Thanks Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Proverbs as well. I just got done with a Book from Beth Moore "So long Insecurity, you've been a bad friend to us". Fantastic! She references Proverbs in one of her chapters. You are a busy woman Missy... keep pressing on.

    ReplyDelete