Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change & Transformation

As I was leaving my home for a morning walk, I noticed a neighbor that has been going through some serious change.  It puts life into perspective.  Maybe just my life.

In the last few weeks, my neighbor has moved out of the home she has raised her children in.  They have all moved out.  She was a married women in this house, her husband died a few years ago on Christmas morning.  She found him in her bed, having died sometime in his sleep during the night.  My neighbor is now living with a co-worker, until her retirement, in order to have health insurance benefits.  She will eventually move to the northern part of the state to live near her son.  She now has become a roommate in someone's home.  She will share a kitchen, and all that entails.  My neighbor no longer keeps her car in a garage.

I'm sure there a number of other changes my neighbor is going through, these are just a few I thought of in the first block of my walk.

A few months back I was going through what I felt was a need for and an observation of transformation in my life.  "Let God transform you . . . by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do."  Romans 12:2 NLT  Okay, so there is a thought.  If I think I need to change something in my life, pray, seek God, and focus on the changes.  Is it really that easy?  I don't think so, but maybe.  "Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this"  2 Timothy 2;7 NIV.  So, reflect, think, surround myself with the thoughts and concepts, and then . . .  transformation.  Can this really work?  I'm willing to give this a try.  Maybe I'll be brave enough and let you know "what" it is.  Kinda scary, accountability.  Isn't transformation really change?

No comments:

Post a Comment